1. Install latest version of Chrome browser from https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/chrome to a PC / Mac, skip this step if you have it already installed.
2. Open https://metamask.io using Chrome and press “Download” button.
3. Select “Chrome” and then lower on the page click “Install MetaMask for Chrome” then press “Add to Chrome”
4. Once installation is complete click on “Get Started”.
5. If this is the first time you’re creating a wallet, click “Create a Wallet” button. If you already have a wallet then import it using the “Import using secret recovery phrase” link at the bottom of pop-up window, then skip to step 11.
6. Click “I Agree” button to allow data to be collected to help improve MetaMask or else click the No Thanks button. The wallet can still be created even if the user clicks on the “No Thanks” button.
8. Click on the dark area which says Click here to reveal secret words to get your secret phrase.
9. This is the most important step. Back up your secret phrase properly. Do not store your secret phrase on your computer. Please read everything on this screen until you understand it completely before proceeding. The secret phrase is the only way to access your wallet if you forget your password. Once done click the “Next” button.
10. Click the buttons respective to the order of the words in your seed phrase. In other words, type the seed phrase using the button on the screen. If done correctly the “Confirm” button should turn blue, press it.
11. One can see the balance and copy the address of the account by clicking on the Account 1 area.
12. One can access MetaMask in the browser by clicking the Foxface icon on the top right. If the Foxface icon is not visible, then click on the jigsaw icon right next to it.