The simplest way is for you to request funds from a friend or family member by sending them a payment request showing your QR code in person or by sharing your public address and follow the FAQ “How do I send Scallop tokens to my MetaMask Wallet ?”
If you have no family or friends who will give you tokens you can buy the tokens on KuCoin crypto-exchange and then send them to your wallet.
A bit more lengthy but you can alternatively do it from within MetaMask by
- Clicking on the Network “Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)” and change to “Ethereum Mainnet”
- Click “Buy” choose either “Wyre” or “Transak”, below is how to do it in Wyre and a debit card.
- Choose currency, the amount you want to purchase,press “Next” and enter card details and pay for the transaction by pressing “Submit”. This amount should then appear in your Ethereum wallet.
- Click on the Network “Ethereum Mainnet” and change to “Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)”
- First we need to swap the Ethereum tokens for BNB tokens for (gas fees) typically keep approximately $20 for this, press the “Swap” button
- Choose from ETH and say 0.006 to BNB. Then click “Review Swap”
- If your happy with quote press “Swap” a few moments later this amount will appear in your wallet.
- Now we can repeat steps 6 and 7 above but this time we will swap ETH with SCLP. The amount you selected should now appear in your wallet.