The simplest way is for you to request funds from a friend or family member by sending them a payment request showing your QR code in person or by sharing your public address and following the FAQ “How do I send Scallop tokens to my MetaMask Wallet ?”
If you have no family or friends who will give you tokens you can buy the tokens on the KuCoin crypto-exchange and then send them to your wallet.
A bit more lengthy but you can alternatively do it from within MetaMask by
- Clicking on the Network “Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)” and changing to “Ethereum Mainnet”
- Click “Buy” and choose either “Wyre” or “Transak”, below is how to do it in Wyre and a debit card.
- Choose the currency and the amount you want to purchase,press “Next” enter card details and pay for the transaction by pressing “Submit”. This amount should then appear in your Ethereum wallet.
- Click on the Network “Ethereum Mainnet” and change to “Binance Smart Chain (BEP20)”
- First, we need to swap the Ethereum tokens for BNB tokens for (gas fees) typically keep approximately $20 for this, press the “Swap” button
- Choose from ETH and say 0.006 to BNB. Then click “Review Swap”
- If you are happy with the quote press “Swap” a few moments later this amount will appear in your wallet.
- Now we can repeat steps 6 and 7 above but this time we will swap ETH with SCLP. The amount you selected should now appear in your wallet.