- Backup your Secret Recovery Phrase
- MetaMask requires that you store your Secret Recovery Phrase in a safe place. It is the only way to recover your funds should your device crash or your browser reset. We recommend you to write it down. The most common method is to write your 12-word phrase on a piece of paper and store it safely in a place where only you have access. Note: if you lose your Secret Recovery Phrase, MetaMask can’t help you recover your wallet.
- Never give your Secret Recovery Phrase or your private key(s) to anyone or any site, unless you want them to have full control over your funds.
- Use MetaMask on a personal device
- MetaMask stores the Secret Recovery Phrase, passwords, and private keys in an encrypted format locally on the device where it's installed.
How do I keep my wallet safe? Print
Modified on: Mon, 24 Apr, 2023 at 5:13 PM
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.